Title: Fitness Instructors (Class Room and/or Aqua Pool Exercise)
Reports to: Wellness Director
Status: Part-Time Non- Exempt (varied hours per week)
The UJFT/Simon Family JCC in Virginia Beach has immediate positions for experienced classroom Group Fitness and Aquatics Fitness Instructors. Under general supervision of the Wellness Director, the Fitness Instructor leads and coordinates individual or group adult fitness/physical training sessions for a specified health and fitness program. Fitness Instructors provide fun, innovative, and safe group exercise classes. Must be able to be flexible in support of the Group Exercise/ Fitness Instructor’s team in all areas of scheduling and class operations, as needed and assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to…
- Plans and leads exercise/activity sessions in one or more assigned fitness areas area
- such as Aquatics, low impact aerobics, stretching/flexibility, yoga, circuit training,general fitness, weight training, and/or specialty training.
- Provide superior customer service to members and guest
- Sets up and monitors class equipment, and ensures its return in serviceable condition.
- Advises participants on program and class procedures/policies, as appropriate.
- Distributes handouts and/or class evaluations, if appropriate, and answers questions from participants after each session; assists in performing follow-up and communication with participants, as required.
- Tracks progress of clients; maintains client files as appropriate.
- Follows all safety and injury prevention policies and procedures; and monitors adherence to by participants
- Reports accidents and prepares accident reports, as required.
- High school diploma or GED with 1 to 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Any combination of Primary Group Fitness Certification: i.e., AFAA (Aerobics & Fitness Association of America; ACE (American Council on Exercise); ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Recognized competency in field of instructional expertise/may require discipline specific certification.
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To Apply For This Position: Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Review of applications and resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is fill.